Saturday, July 17, 2010

He says, "Impatience got to me"

Kieffer calls me the next morning to say, "Sorry about last night.   I had a bunch of stuff to take care of after getting back and I got overheated and too impatient."

"Aw, that's too bad," I say as my brain grinds into gear.   "How are you feeling now?"

"Better! A lot better," he sounds relieved.   "I went for a swim in the pond last night.   It was so beautiful.   I would have called you last night after I cooled down, but I didn't know if you were still up."

"Oh, I'm a night owl," I laugh, remembering that I was up all night blogging about our phone call, but I don't mention that.   High on coffee and too hot to lie down, I felt fine sitting up doing something worthwhile.   Before journaling, I had seen only two layers of our interaction ~ the words and the heat just underneath them.   The heart's layer had been hidden until journaling jogged the memory of his heart's silent conversation with mine.

So because it had enough time to get its charge together, luck strikes again.   I have no resentment or irritation on my side about his earlier impatience.   I feel like Kieffer and his heart deserve a break, not an interrogation.

Kieffer explains his call, "Usually I feel uncomfortable about stuff like that, but I felt easy about calling you to apologize."

I'm happy to hear that!   "Thank you, Kieffer, I'm glad you called."



So we decide to meet Sunday morning, a possibility that had been overlooked in the heat of moment of the night before . . . .


~ ~ ~ ~ ~     ~ ~ ~ ~ ~     ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

photo credit:   prefers to be unnamed at this time ~ ~ contact Jolene for permissions

No comments: